The Nether is a virtual wonderland that provides total sensory immersion. Just log in, choose an identity and indulge your every desire. But when a young detective uncovers a disturbing brand of entertainment, she triggers an interrogation into the darkest corners of the imagination. Warning: Contains reference to criminal behavior involving violence and sexual violence.
Friday, November 1 at 7:30 p.m., followed by an opening reception
Saturday, November 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 3 at 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 6 at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 7 at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, November 8 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 10 at 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 13 at 7:30 p.m., *Pay-What-You-Wish
Thursday, November 14 at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, November 15 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 17 at 2:00 p.m.
*Tickets for Pay-What-You-Wish can be purchased in advance by phone and in-person. Subject to availability. Phone orders are subject to a $6 processing fee.
The Nether is performed in the Theater Lab located at the North entrance of the Schwartz Center for performing Arts.
- Tanine Allison- Associate Professor of Film and Media Studies, whose research interest includes video games and avatar identity
- Ibi Owolabi, Director of "The Nether"
- Brent Glenn, Artistic Director of Theater Emory
- Calvin Warren, Assistant Professor of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and African American Studies, who has a research interest in online sexualities.
- Daniel Reynolds, Associate Professor of Film and Media Studies, with a research specialty in digital games and the relationship between media and the embodied mind.
Schwartz Theater Lab
1700 North Decatur Road
Atlanta, GA, 30322
Fishburne Parking Deck